The quarterly Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service (HMPPS) Workforce Statistics Bulletin monitors changes to staffing figures and the structure of HMPPS staff population over time.
It is produced quarterly to reflect the dynamic nature of the data included within many of the tables, and covers all civil service employees of HMPPS.
It features tables and commentary explaining trends relating to:
- staff in post FTE by Prison Service region and National Probation Service Division; by function of establishment (category of prison); by grade, length of service and by establishment and local delivery unit
- staff in post headcount by protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010
- the headcount of joiners and leavers by Prison Service region and National Probation Service Division; by function (category of prison or work area within the NPS); by grade; by protected characteristic
- the headcount of leavers by reason for leaving, leaving rates by grade, region and length of service
- annex of prison officer recruitment from job offer to staff post