This information focuses on posts rather than people. The following posts are included:
- those occupied by permanent staff
- those occupied by fixed term appointees
- all posts occupied by a member of staff loaned or seconded into the department (regardless of funding arrangement)
- all staff on loan or secondment out of the department for which the department is incurring a cost
- all staff who are being paid but are not in a substantive post
- vacant posts
The following posts are excluded:
- exclusions on security grounds
See the HMIC organogram on the Cabinet Office website.
This publication is based on information taken on 31 March and 30 September 2017. The information is updated every 6 months and a snapshot as at 31 March 2015 should be published in June 2015. Like all organisations, staff changes occur on a frequent basis, which makes complete accuracy at this level of detail a difficult task.
The minimum of the National pay scale and the maximum of the London pay scale is shown for all junior grades.
Team salary costs are rounded to the nearest £10,000.
Click here to read more.