26 Jul Open consultation: Drone legislation: use, restrictions and enforcement
Consultation proposing policies for drone use and enforcement. The proposed policies include:
- the miniumum age requirement for operators for small unmanned aircraft
- whether the 1km flight restriction around protected aerodromes is sufficient
- a proposal to mandate and regulate a Flight Information and Notification System (FINS) or just regulate the FINS
- the powers required by enforcement bodies in order to properly police drone use and penalise incorrect use, including the possible use of fixed penalty notices
- counter drone technology system proposals
An impact assessment of the Drones and Other Unmanned Aircraft Bill is available.